Early Childhood Program
The Early Childhood Program at TMA is a three year curriculum which includes children in the age range of 2 ½ to 6 years (preschool – kindergarten). It offers students a combination of challenging academics and extensive enrichment experiences through daily hands-on activities. The school day begins at 8:30 a.m. and ends at 3:30 p.m. with extended day options available from 7:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. – 4:30 or 6 p.m. We also offer a half day option from 8:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. for 2 ½ – 4 year olds. The student–teacher ratio for early childhood is 1 teacher for each 12 children.
- Provide a Montessori experience for students which includes learning experiences in the major curriculum areas:
- Practical Life (everyday living skills)
- Sensorial (pre-mathematics)
- Language Arts (pre-reading, writing, reading, and Spanish)
- Cultural Subjects (social studies and science)
- Fine Arts (art, music, and movement)
- Social-Emotional (grace & courtesy and conflict resolution)
- Provide Outdoor Education as an extension of the Montessori curriculum.
Take a Peek Inside a Montessori Classroom
Here is a little snippet of our work cycle. You can see that all of the children are engaged in a variety of activities. How awesome to see so much concentration in just a short video!