Early Childhood Program
The Early Childhood Program at TMA is a three year curriculum which includes children in the age range of 2½ to 6 years (preschool – kindergarten). It offers students a combination of challenging academics and extensive enrichment experiences through daily hands-on activities. The school day begins at 8:30 am and ends at 3:30 pm with Extended Day options available from 7:00–8:30 am and 3:30–4:30 or 6:00 pm. For 3 and 4 year old children, we also offer a half-day program from 8:30–11:30 am.
We follow AMS accreditation standards, which promote large group size rather than low student-teacher ratios, allowing children to be more independent and develop intrinsic motivation. Our maximum group size is 30 students with 2 credentialed teachers, 1 teacher assistant, 2 outdoor specialists, and 1 librarian. If a classroom needs a lower ratio at times, we can accommodate this need.
- Provide a Montessori experience for students which includes learning experiences in the major curriculum areas:
- Practical Life (everyday living skills)
- Sensorial (pre-mathematics)
- Language Arts (pre-reading, writing, reading, and Spanish)
- Cultural Subjects (social studies and science)
- Fine Arts (art, music, and movement)
- Social-Emotional (grace & courtesy and conflict resolution)
- Provide Outdoor Education as an extension of the Montessori curriculum.
Take a Peek Inside a Montessori Classroom
Here is a little snippet of our work cycle. You can see that all of the children are engaged in a variety of activities. How awesome to see so much concentration in just a short video!