Lower Elementary Program — Grades 1-3
- The three-year curriculum is designed so that children revisit, build on, and deepen their understanding of many broad topics with each encounter increasing in complexity and reinforcing previous learning.
- Present Cultural Subjects (Botany, Zoology, Physical Science, Geography, and History), Language Arts, Writing, Mathematics, and Geometry as a totally integrated curriculum.
- Provide personalized instruction in Mathematics and Language Arts.
- Enrich the curriculum through Art, Music, Spanish, Fitness Education, Computer Lab, Health, Science Lab, Drama, and Conflict Resolution; a study of Greek & Latin Roots starts at 3rd grade.
- Equip students with tools for successful learning as self-directed learners, leaders, and group members, including collaboration, problem-solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, communication, presentation, organization, time management, and the use of technology for research and writing.
Lower Elementary – Geometry
We used our courtyard to discover what a perimeter is and how to measure it. We measured the perimeter in “feet”. Back inside our building, the children were excited to use rulers to measure the perimeter of the Elementary and EC hallways.