What do we do?
Children at TMA thrive both in our indoor and outdoor classrooms. Curiosity about the world drives them to learn more and we provide the materials and the environment for them to live up to their full potential. Our committed professionals foster a child’s cognitive, physical, social, and emotional well-being utilizing Montessori principles which lead children to become enthusiastic, intrinsically motivated learners.
How do we do it?
Children in our Montessori classrooms work with specially designed learning materials, manipulating and investigating them to master the lessons they embody. Children use real objects and actions to translate abstract ideas into concrete form. Learning happens through purposeful activity.
Who do we serve?
Children from 6 weeks through 6th grade
Why do we do it?
We want to prepare children for life, not just the next test. The portrait of a TMA graduate is:
- A moral being who is responsible and accountable for his/her actions
- A confident, competent learner who is academically prepared, independent, intrinsically motivated and autonomous
- A critical and creative thinker and problem-solver
- A socially responsible, compassionate peacemaker who is able to handle external authority
- A protector of the environment and its resources
- A respecter of all persons, and
- A productive, caring community citizen
What should you do?
Request a visit to see our unique learning environment for yourself.