Upper Elementary Program
Upper Elementary Program Goals:
- Build upon skills introduced in the Lower Elementary Program.
- Extend the study of Cultural Subjects (Botany, Zoology, Physical Science, Geography, and History), Language Arts, Writing, Mathematics, and Geometry using a totally integrated curriculum and incorporating project-based learning.
- Provide personalized instruction in Mathematics and Language.
- Enrich the curriculum through Art, Music, Spanish, Latin, Fitness Education, Computer Lab, Health, Science Lab, Drama, and Conflict Resolution.
- Provide opportunities for individual student projects, cooperative group work, and community service projects.
- Equip students with tools for successful learning as self-directed learners and group members, including the use of technology for research, writing, and presentation.
- Strengthen skills in leadership, collaboration, problem-solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, organization, and time management.
- Provide opportunities for learning beyond the classroom through one-day field trips, multi-day teambuilding sessions at Camp Thurman, and four-day trips to Texas camps and Heifer Ranch in Arkansas.