Lower Elementary Program
Lower Elementary Program Goals:
- The three-year curriculum is designed so that children revisit, build on, and deepen their understanding of many broad topics with each encounter increasing in complexity and reinforcing previous learning.
- Present Cultural Subjects (Botany, Zoology, Physical Science, Geography, and History), Language Arts, Writing, Mathematics, and Geometry as a totally integrated curriculum.
- Provide personalized instruction in Mathematics and Language Arts.
- Enrich the curriculum through Art, Music, Spanish, Fitness Education, Computer Lab, Health, Science Lab, Drama, and Conflict Resolution; a study of Greek & Latin Roots starts at 3rd grade.
- Equip students with tools for successful learning as self-directed learners, leaders, and group members, including the use of technology for research and writing, collaboration, problem-solving, critical thinking, conflict resolution, communication, presentation, organization, and time management.