Do you want to work in a dynamic and inspiring environment? We have the career for you! Join our team of educational professionals and shape the minds of the future!
The Montessori Academy does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Infant/Toddler Teacher Assistant
Duties and Responsibilities
The teacher assistant will provide an organized, safe, and nurturing environment for children that encourages their social, emotional, physical, and intellectual development. The teacher assistant is responsible for assisting the Montessori teacher in all of her job duties, as well as, preparing and maintaining the environment in which the Montessori approach to education is implemented and incorporates TMA’s mission, culture, goals, values, philosophies, polices, and practices. The teacher assistant will work with other TMA teachers and teacher assistants as a team to assist in the design and implementation of appropriate instruction. The teacher assistant will have opportunities to grow professionally through decision making and working collaboratively to maintain positive relationships with families, children, and coworkers. The teacher assistant will ensure the safety and supervision of children at all times.
- High school diploma, early childhood college credits preferred
- 2+ years of experience in a licensed child care facility as a teaching staff
Knowledge and Abilities
- Be committed to enrolling in or have a Montessori teaching credential from a M.A.C.T.E. accredited training program for the age group of children assigned.
- Experience teaching in a Montessori environment. (preferred)
- Knowledge of development, safety, and regulatory issues surrounding the age group of children assigned.
- Effective classroom management skills.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students with learning differences.
- Demonstrated ability to work with students and families from diverse cultures.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team, multi-task, and be flexible.
- Full time schedule is Monday-Friday, 11am – 6pm (subject to change) with some weekends and evening events.
- TB test and background check must be completed upon offer of employment.
- Pediatric CPR/ First Aid Certified
- Paid Montessori Training and Internships available for all levels
- Competitive Compensation, depending on experience
- Professional Development
- State-of-the-art facilities
- Great work environment
- Medical insurance
- 401b retirement plan
- Vacation, holiday, and sick leave
- Performance reviews
- Room for professional growth